Here are resources we recommend for better understanding of menopause issues.
- Have you heard about the Women's Health Initiative study and the controversy surrounding it? Here's a long-form review of its findings and why it was stopped, featuring one of the Principal Investigators on this now infamous research study, Dr JoAnn Manson. Hormone replacement therapy and the Women’s Health Initiative: re-examining the results, the link to breast cancer, and weighing the risk vs reward of HRT | The Peter Attia Drive Podcast.
- Are you curious about testosterone? Dr Susan Davis is an expert on testosterone for women. This is a long and interesting podcast with some detailed comment on testosterone for women from Dr Davis at 2 hours in. Navigating Menopause: Expert Insights and Solutions | The Proof Podcast EP 245
- The Medical Minefield Podcast looked at whether there is a link between suicide and menopause. This podcast features gynaecologist and author of The Menopause Manifesto, Dr Jen Gunter, (as well as Rachel Lankester from MenoClarity). Does the menopause drive some women to take their own lives? | Medical Minefield Podcast
- BSI (British Standards Institute) recently published a new standard on menstruation and menopause in the workplace. It's a great framework to enable organizations to make any workplace work better for women and all people experiencing menstruation and menopause.
Everyone experiences menopause differently and we realize we can't speak to all the many and varied experiences.
Here are some additional resources that you may find useful.
- Surgical menopause - The Surmeno Connection
- Black menopause - Black Girls Guide To Surviving Menopause, Black Women In Menopause and Menopause Whilst Black
- Queer/LGBTQIA+ menopause - Queer Menopause Collective
- Inclusive menopause - Menopause Inclusion Collective
- Early menopause or Premature Ovarian Insufficiency (POI) - The Daisy Network
- Neurodiversity and menopause - ADHD Foundation